As a girl who goes to outlet stores, I’ve learned a lot! I’ve created a list of ways to get what you’re looking for and not overspend:
- Know what type of item you’re looking for! Trust me, you don’t want to be in a big store full of fabulous items without any idea of what to buy. You’ll probably end up buying way more than you should have (most of which you might not even need). Your wallet will thank you!
- Look at everything in the store! Years ago, when I was a beginner, I would look at just a few things, and then make my choices. That’s not good, because there may be something you would like more without even noticing it! It’s hard not to be stuck on a specific item, but there’s always other options. Take your time!
- Pick up the items you are most likely to buy, and keep them in your arms! Don’t put them back on the rack and expect to find them later. This is especially useful and extremely important at a clearance event! Girls can go crazy sometimes!
- Stay within your budget as much as possible and use cash! If you go in with $20, don’t spend $40. The only times when this is acceptable is when the item costs more than you thought, needed to be better quality, or you can’t live without it! The bottom line is, would you pay full price for it if you had the money? If not, don’t buy it.
- Take the term “I can’t live without it” lightly! If it’s not a need, you can live without it. That’s what I tell myself every time I walk into a store! I almost always see something I “can’t live without”, but I actually can. It’s a hard thing to do if your fashion and beauty obsessed, but you’ll be fine!
- Lastly, if there’s going to be an awesome clearance event at a particular store that you love, be prepared! In a nutshell, that means get up early, research the products’ retail prices, and, if possible, bring a friend or family member who will help you find those scores!
It’s as easy as that! I know it might seem a little scary, because of some “horror” stories about people getting trampled at sale events or fighting over that special find. But, it’s fun! I’ve found a lot of big scores in my life, and I did it by using these tips & tricks! Even if I don’t buy much or I just go with a friend, I get a kick out of seeing the sales price vs the retail price! It’s addictive!
So remember these tips, and, don’t forget, have fun!
I love you guys! You mean so much to me! Until my next post, fashionistas!